Saturday

Now that you have the blog... who's looking? - Google Analytics

Using Google Analytics is awesome!! But I'll warn you, it's addictive! I check mine ALL the time! GA is an awesome tracking method and as the site says, "Learn more about where your visitors come from and how they interac
t with your site"
You will have to set up an account and it can take up to 24 hours to view your stats. My first one took the whole 24 hours and i kept thinking I hadn't done it right, my second one took less that an hour.
An example of something interesting I found, After doing a new born shoot for one family in particular I had 60 hits just in the first day I posted the sneak peak. They face booked, emailed, and linked from the blog. Now
I know that's a great customer who is getting my name out there!

Not sure how to add Google Analytics?


ADD ON - I just had mine stop tracking. I hadn't had time to figure out why but for 2 weeks there was no tracking going on. After a ton of googling I finally found out that the code had been removed from the body in blogger. Turns out it can remove itself if you change the template, just something to be aware of.


Another thing I really like having on my blog is my live traffic feed. It's just a fun free widget to use so you can see who stopped by, it's your own geographical sign in book if you will. I like seeing where people are coming from since obviously I'm a local photographer (who shoots primarily in Portland, Vancouver and Seattle areas) that's what I want to see. It's also kind of cool to see other countries pop up, I have to admit I always wonder how they got to me. And than I assume they must of hit 'next blog' and I guess I popped up.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I found your site off blog jumping! I have been looking for GOOD professional help with learning and starting to try becoming professional. Please take a look and comment on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete